The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. It is responsible for regulating and supervising the safety and standards of food products in India. FSSAI certification is a mandatory requirement for businesses involved in the production, processing, storage, distribution, and sale of food products. This certification ensures that the food products meet the prescribed quality and safety standards.
Here are some key points related to FSSAI certification:
1. Types of FSSAI Certifications:
- Basic FSSAI Registration: Small businesses with an annual turnover of up to Rs. 12 lakhs need to obtain basic registration.
- State FSSAI License: Businesses with an annual turnover between Rs. 12 lakhs and Rs. 20 crores need to obtain a state-level license.
- Central FSSAI License: Businesses with an annual turnover exceeding Rs. 20 crores need to obtain a central license.
2. Benefits of FSSAI Certification:
- Enhances consumer trust and confidence in the quality and safety of food products.
- Helps businesses comply with legal requirements and avoid legal issues.
- Provides a competitive edge in the market by demonstrating adherence to quality standards.
- Encourages good manufacturing practices and quality control.
3. Application Process:
- Businesses can apply for FSSAI certification online through the FSSAI portal.
- The application requires submission of various documents, including proof of identity, address, food safety management plan, and more, depending on the type of certification.
- FSSAI certifications are valid for varying durations, typically ranging from 1 to 5 years, depending on the type of certification.
- Businesses need to renew their FSSAI certifications before the expiration date to continue operating legally.
6. Penalties for Non-Compliance:
- Non-compliance with FSSAI regulations can result in penalties, fines, and even legal action, depending on the severity of the violation.
It's important to note that FSSAI regulations and procedures can change over time, so it's recommended to consult with our company experts for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding FSSAI certification and requirements.
Get in Touch! Ask us any question/query on +91-9867-180-395. We would be happy to answer your concerns. You can also drop an email at email@example.com